Friday, September 3, 2010

First day!

Again, I apologize for the disarray in the schedule and I intend for us to get on track as soon as possible. Today I asked you to write an introduction essay including the following things about yourself; name, previous school, interests/hobbies, science background, expectations for both the school year and the class, and your short term and long term goals. We also read over the syllabus and discussed the science lab fees ($4 to be paid to the treasurer).

Some of you guys seem to enjoy science and have a genuine interest in the study while others just want to get a passing grade in the class; I'm hoping we can organize our class to please everyone. As I said in class, don't hesitate to contact me with any comments or concerns you have about the class; please address any and all issues with me as soon as you can so that we make sure there is enough time to resolve it.

In case you didn't get it in class, my office hours are 1st period and 6th period. I am also here before school and after school and have given you my email address: mss.science@gmail.com.

I think it is great that there are so many artists and athletes in the class; we might even be able to put some of those skills to work in the classroom! :)

Everyone seems to want to raise their GPA and graduate high school - here's hoping I can help you accomplish these goals.

It was very nice to meet all of you. Have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment